.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

supercallousedfragilemysticplaugedbyhalitosis

Ghandi was a great man and walked everywhere he went so the skin on his feet became very cracked and hard, and due to continual hunger strikes was fraile but maintained his amazing almost supernatural gifts of peace and understanding, but again due to his eating habbits his breath was horrible. So Ghandi was a...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clawson, Michigan, United States

I am proud to say I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Student, an Employee, a Minister, a Healer, a Poet, a Cynic, an Activist, and many more things that change on a moment-by-moment basis. I live in constant amazement of this adventure we call life, and acknowledges that while the road may be bumpy, the ride is exciting. I graduated from the Registered Nurse program at Alpena Community College in May 2004. In August 2010 I received my BSN and the, ever the glutton for punishment I went back to school and obtained my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Administration in May 2012. I am contemplating going on for my PhD APRN. If I decide to do that... SHOOT ME! I am a manager for a not for profit hospice agency based in Michigan, but the position allows me to work remotely so I may be traveling a lot over the next few years. I battled and defeated breast cancer and now I am living life to the fullest!

Friday, November 05, 2010

NaNoWriMo

So, I am doing it. Sure, we are only 5 days in, but so far I am keeping on task and writing a fairly decent story. Now, I have to tell you, it is difficult because I am getting the words on the page, but I am not editing. Sure, I hit spell check on occasion, but I am not going back and agonizing on the choice of words, on changing something I wrote to foreshadow some idea that comes to me in a moment. I am writing, and when the month of November is over, I will go back and look at it and make the adjustments that I need to make to make it a GOOD story. Right now it is just decent.

I am not use to writing this way. Quantity over quality is not something I am use to doing. It is as much of a challenge as just spitting the words out there. I have all kinds of cool ideas for this story that I am writing. I hesitate to call it a novel, tho that is what NaNoWriMo calls it. Right now it is just a series of words and a story that is growing. It has a life of it's own. I know generally where it is heading, because, well, because I wrote the ending first. ;-)

I am putting off returning to school to complete this challenge. At first I thought that was crazy. I could do both. Um, no frigging way! So, it would make more sense for me to drop NaNoWriMo and start classses; that would be the responsible thing to do. But when would I have this opportunity again? Sure, next November you say, but I will still be in school then, so... The November after that? Nope. I'm doing this and school can wait til January. I'm kinda enjoying a break from the books anyhow. It would be nice to defer my loans again (yes, the real reason everyone goes back to school) but I can make those payments for another 2 months.

So, NaNoWriMo, I am committed to you and I will complete the challenge with something that someone may wish to read some day. I'm not delusional enough to think I will publish it in a book type form, but maybe I will plop it on the web somewhere and bored housewives and students who should be studying may wander by and chose to read it. Kinda like whoever wanders by here and reads this silly drivel I spit out of my head here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home