.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

supercallousedfragilemysticplaugedbyhalitosis

Ghandi was a great man and walked everywhere he went so the skin on his feet became very cracked and hard, and due to continual hunger strikes was fraile but maintained his amazing almost supernatural gifts of peace and understanding, but again due to his eating habbits his breath was horrible. So Ghandi was a...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clawson, Michigan, United States

I am proud to say I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Student, an Employee, a Minister, a Healer, a Poet, a Cynic, an Activist, and many more things that change on a moment-by-moment basis. I live in constant amazement of this adventure we call life, and acknowledges that while the road may be bumpy, the ride is exciting. I graduated from the Registered Nurse program at Alpena Community College in May 2004. In August 2010 I received my BSN and the, ever the glutton for punishment I went back to school and obtained my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Administration in May 2012. I am contemplating going on for my PhD APRN. If I decide to do that... SHOOT ME! I am a manager for a not for profit hospice agency based in Michigan, but the position allows me to work remotely so I may be traveling a lot over the next few years. I battled and defeated breast cancer and now I am living life to the fullest!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Family

I have an interesting family.

Well, let me rephrase that, I have several interesting families.

I was born into the Christensen Family. Mom, Dad, brother and I for many years. Grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins occasionally fit into that "family" as well, but mostly it was the 4 of us.

The Brother got married.

Then I married into another family... The Wieske Family.

Damn, there are a lot of them!

But when I think about family, it is not just the people I am legally related to by blood or marriage. I have a HUGE family of friends who are the people I have CHOSEN to be in my life. Yep, I got to pick my family.

There is my family of friends... People I talk to every day. The ones that know, just by looking at me, that something is no quite right. The ones that can see through my "I'm great" and know that I'm not. The ones I call when I have a flat tire, a flat hair day or I am flat busted. Some I don't speak to on a daily basis, some I haven't talked to in years, but when we meet up again, it is as if it was yesterday that we were calling each other on our BS and keeping each other real.

There are my family of musical folks... This past weekend at the Nor Eastr Art and Music Festival in Mio, MI, I had the pleasure of spending tons of time with my musical family. They offer a hug, a song from their heart, and smile and a wave. A shout out from the stage, and invite to dinner. Family.

One of my friends who happens to be gay considers me more his family that his blood kin. I am the one that is there. Who says blood ties are always thicker than water.

If you're reading this and you think I might be talking about you, I probably am. Welcome to my family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is such the interesting Family that we have.

10:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home