.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

supercallousedfragilemysticplaugedbyhalitosis

Ghandi was a great man and walked everywhere he went so the skin on his feet became very cracked and hard, and due to continual hunger strikes was fraile but maintained his amazing almost supernatural gifts of peace and understanding, but again due to his eating habbits his breath was horrible. So Ghandi was a...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clawson, Michigan, United States

I am proud to say I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Student, an Employee, a Minister, a Healer, a Poet, a Cynic, an Activist, and many more things that change on a moment-by-moment basis. I live in constant amazement of this adventure we call life, and acknowledges that while the road may be bumpy, the ride is exciting. I graduated from the Registered Nurse program at Alpena Community College in May 2004. In August 2010 I received my BSN and the, ever the glutton for punishment I went back to school and obtained my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Administration in May 2012. I am contemplating going on for my PhD APRN. If I decide to do that... SHOOT ME! I am a manager for a not for profit hospice agency based in Michigan, but the position allows me to work remotely so I may be traveling a lot over the next few years. I battled and defeated breast cancer and now I am living life to the fullest!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

We all have them... Guilty pleasures.

I have several.

Yours may be 80's pop music, or reality TV shows, or even something as silly as a morning wake up ritual.

Guilty pleasures are things that you really really enjoy, but are ashamed to 'fess up to.

Here are mine (I'm 'fessing up)

I love reading over old correspondence. Old e-mails, old letters, even re-reading my own blog. I have a box of notes in the basement of my home in Alpena from Junior High School. Really! Well, maybe. Hubby was given permission to be clear out the basement, he may have tossed them by now. I archive all my e-mail correspondence with my friends and family. I love going back and re-reading what was going on in our lives. Some of the major events seem so trivial now, but they were terribly important at the time. It helps me keep perspective.

I love good chocolate. Now, we're not talking a Hershey's bar here; I'm talking GOOD chocolate. It all started with Dove chocolate. Dove really is perhaps the best readily available chocolate on the market. But now... I've moved it up a notch. I love dark chocolate. 70% cocoa or higher. I've been known to spend $5.00+ on a 3 ounce bar. I've also been known to take months to eat it. I have one bar of ghirdelli chocolate that I have been working on since the end of November. It's about 2/3 gone. I savor it. Relish every taste. Just a little bite will take care of my need. But it must be good chocolate.

I have more guilty pleasures but I am unwilling to humiliate myself by revealing them here quite yet. (Tone Loc) Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate, from the word xocoatl, meaning "Food of the Gods". Is there a more seductive, beneficial substance? I think not. I'm currently obsessing over Arriba Plantation baking chocolate. Seems the bars are unconched, but the baking chocolate is conched. Major difference. Also recommended: Soma Chocolate's Drinking Chocolate, available only from their store/workplace in Toronto. It's heaven. My everyday favorite: Feodora Edel-bitter 60%, from PaPa Joe's in Birmingham, and a bargain at $2.50 a bar.

Other guilty pleasures: The entire catalog of the Bee Gees, long baths with spicy-woodsy-stinky salts, Strangers in Paradise (a comic book series which will be ending soon), almond toffee and Strong Bad e-mail.

Jef is not a guilty pleasure. I love him too much to relegate him to a hidden place in my pantheon of likes and dislikes.

18:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home