.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

supercallousedfragilemysticplaugedbyhalitosis

Ghandi was a great man and walked everywhere he went so the skin on his feet became very cracked and hard, and due to continual hunger strikes was fraile but maintained his amazing almost supernatural gifts of peace and understanding, but again due to his eating habbits his breath was horrible. So Ghandi was a...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clawson, Michigan, United States

I am proud to say I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Student, an Employee, a Minister, a Healer, a Poet, a Cynic, an Activist, and many more things that change on a moment-by-moment basis. I live in constant amazement of this adventure we call life, and acknowledges that while the road may be bumpy, the ride is exciting. I graduated from the Registered Nurse program at Alpena Community College in May 2004. In August 2010 I received my BSN and the, ever the glutton for punishment I went back to school and obtained my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Administration in May 2012. I am contemplating going on for my PhD APRN. If I decide to do that... SHOOT ME! I am a manager for a not for profit hospice agency based in Michigan, but the position allows me to work remotely so I may be traveling a lot over the next few years. I battled and defeated breast cancer and now I am living life to the fullest!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Moved, Again

From Canton to Clawson.

I have never been so happy to move.

The place in Canton was ok, better than the hotel room in Ann Arbor, but Clawson; it's like old home week. I know were things are. I remember eating at that place, skipping class at that place, getting my prom dress drycleaned at that place, Uncle Art living down there, taking dance lessons there, going roller skating there, kissing a boy behind that building on a cool february evening after play practice. Things look familure. I know where I am. I know where I am going.

I'm a mile and a half from my in-laws, and just under 2 miles from my brothers. I'm walking distance to my old high school. I remember delivering pizza's in the apartment complex I live in. I wonder if I ever delivered to someone in this actual unit?

If I have to be so far away from home, it's nice to be in my hometown. I have lived north of the 45th parallel for over 11 years now, but this is still my 'hood. I lived here, I grew up here, I laughed, cried, played hookie, smiked cigarettes, fell in and out and in and out and in love here.

Can't wait to go to Thomas Video, Flip Side Records, Lim's Chinese Restaurant, Delmar's Restaurant, Good Food Company, Anita's Kitchen, THE OAKLAND MALL (I lived there for several years I believe). But I miss the Abby Theater, The Washington Theater, La Fondu, Sherman's, Joe's Army/Navy, and many other places that are gone that I have yet to discover.

I feel more at home in this area than in Alpena. A move in my future? Well, actually, I have already moved, haven't I. Perhaps a move in my family's future (That means you too, Dad)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe's Army/Navy moved to Woodward, between 13 and 14 Mile Road.

But the rest are gone. In La Fondue's place is Katana, a pretty interesting hibachi style restaurant. The Abbey is a magnificently disappointing computer store. I have no idea what the Washington was...

I grew up in Hazel Park and have no inclination to go back. On the few occasions I travel through, everything looks as grey as my memories. Everyone I liked has since died or left (except my fourth grade teacher, but she hasn't actually lived in Hazel Park for years), the house I grew up in has been significantly remodeled and the streets are so terribly small. No fond memories here.

18:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home