.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

supercallousedfragilemysticplaugedbyhalitosis

Ghandi was a great man and walked everywhere he went so the skin on his feet became very cracked and hard, and due to continual hunger strikes was fraile but maintained his amazing almost supernatural gifts of peace and understanding, but again due to his eating habbits his breath was horrible. So Ghandi was a...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clawson, Michigan, United States

I am proud to say I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Student, an Employee, a Minister, a Healer, a Poet, a Cynic, an Activist, and many more things that change on a moment-by-moment basis. I live in constant amazement of this adventure we call life, and acknowledges that while the road may be bumpy, the ride is exciting. I graduated from the Registered Nurse program at Alpena Community College in May 2004. In August 2010 I received my BSN and the, ever the glutton for punishment I went back to school and obtained my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Administration in May 2012. I am contemplating going on for my PhD APRN. If I decide to do that... SHOOT ME! I am a manager for a not for profit hospice agency based in Michigan, but the position allows me to work remotely so I may be traveling a lot over the next few years. I battled and defeated breast cancer and now I am living life to the fullest!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Vacation??

This weekend was "Spring Break" and it felt like spring break. We went to the Detroit area and it was springy. We still have a foot or more of snow on all surfaces at home. It was nice to run around in shirt sleeves again. Gave us some hope.

We had to uniform shop for our son. He is starting at a new school after the break and they have a uniform policy. I am a bit ambivilant about this. Uniforms at an arts academy? Express yourself by being the same? Anyhow, we found the shirts and slacks that are required and his new adventure in school will begin soon. He is excited as are we all.

My neice is transitioning up into a preschool/daycare with older kids again. Perhaps she will be a bit less aggressive being a younger child in the group. I am kinda proud of her tenacity. She is a little thing and I think her "take no crap from anyone" attitude may be her saving grace in years to come.

It was great to see my MIL and FIL. I realize how much I miss them when I get to spend some time with them.

My damned gall bladder decided to act up on the car ride home and I had to have DH pull over to the nearest emergency room. Not a pleasant feeling. I am the one who is suppose to be healthy. I just wanted some attention. My gallbladder and I have had a talk. No more of that crap for at least a year. I'm not dealing with this now. I think we are in agreement.

When we were in the Detroit area we stayed at a motel. We usually stay with family, but I wanted to make it a vacation type thing. Well, the yahoo who made the reservation for me made it for the day before and they charged me for it. ::Grrrrr:: and the pool was closed the first day we were there for "repairs" ::Grrrrr: and when they did open it, the water was warm, but the room air surrounding it was as temperate as our guestroom and they insisted that it was 80 degrees. Bullshit! ::Grrrr:: To top it off, on Sunday they called our room to see if we needed towels because there would be no maid service. What??? On Easter Sunday? Nice to give your employees a day off, but all of them?? ::Grrrr:: Oh Yeah, and while their web site and business cards both tote free high speed internet access, that is not in all rooms. ::Grrrr:: Won't be staying there again.

I'm up to well over 600 cranes folded now. The little 4cm x 4cm ones. I'm sending them to my grandmother in hopes that she finds some forgiveness and peace in her heart. I'm also sending her the gold necklace she gave me when I graduated highschool. Perhaps it will allow her to find peace.

Boring blog, I know. But I needed to dump, and well, it's my *(%^%$&(&^T blog, right. No-one else may even read it. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home