.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

supercallousedfragilemysticplaugedbyhalitosis

Ghandi was a great man and walked everywhere he went so the skin on his feet became very cracked and hard, and due to continual hunger strikes was fraile but maintained his amazing almost supernatural gifts of peace and understanding, but again due to his eating habbits his breath was horrible. So Ghandi was a...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Clawson, Michigan, United States

I am proud to say I am a Mother, a Daughter, a Student, an Employee, a Minister, a Healer, a Poet, a Cynic, an Activist, and many more things that change on a moment-by-moment basis. I live in constant amazement of this adventure we call life, and acknowledges that while the road may be bumpy, the ride is exciting. I graduated from the Registered Nurse program at Alpena Community College in May 2004. In August 2010 I received my BSN and the, ever the glutton for punishment I went back to school and obtained my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Administration in May 2012. I am contemplating going on for my PhD APRN. If I decide to do that... SHOOT ME! I am a manager for a not for profit hospice agency based in Michigan, but the position allows me to work remotely so I may be traveling a lot over the next few years. I battled and defeated breast cancer and now I am living life to the fullest!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Beginning

Ok, here I go.

To Blog... Web Log... An interesting concept. Perhaps it will cure my insomnia. I work Midnights 3 days a week, and struggle to sleep like the rest of the planet on the days in-between. I find myself awakening at 3am (my workday lunch time) and can't seem to get to sleep again. Why? My brain won't shut off.

One night not too long ago it was a never ending thought cycle about adoption. My husband and I have one child. One that wasn't ever suppose to be possible. We feel fortunate and blessed to have this incredible child in our lives, but always wanted another. 3am, here I am looking up pictures of special needs children available for adoption in the state. I sit at my computer and cry. I want to help them all. Then... I look at their profiles and their behavioral problems, horrible past experiences and the ever present "This child would do best in a home where s/he is the only child" and I realize I don't want those problems. My son is not the scholar I would like him to be, but he is a really great kid. Obeys his parents, has good manners and doesn't set the house on fire. I hate the fact that I look past these children with problems so quickly. One child is enough when you have the best, and perhaps one day, someone who is better equipt to help these kids will come along, but I would be doing them a dis-service. My patience is thin with the fairly angelic child I currently house.

Another morning, 3am... Terri Schiavo. I am sure, to my very core, that if this woman could possibly be aware of what is going on around her, that her heart would be breaking. If she had taken 1/2 uncomfortable hour to think about her mortality, none of this would be occuring. All it would have taken was to complete an advanced directives form. No one wants to think about some unforseen disaster, but all it takes is 1/2 hour and all these court battles and tears would not have been needed. So... I look online for the "Five Wishes" form (Legal in most stated as a "Living Will") and find a copy in Adobe format, but you can't print it. BUT... You can purchase it for $5.00. WHAT!!! I'm outraged. So here I am, 3am, planning on copying a "Five Wishes" form and sending a copy to all my family and friends so they can spend 1/2 hour of discomfort to save their family from days/weeks/months/years of battles.

Another 3am... They keep coming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home